SOUNDS AUSTRALIA, AIR and PPCA are now seeking expressions of interest from Australian independent labels to take part in an Australian delegation to attend Indie Week 2017, an independent label focused conference hosted by A2IM (American Association of Independent Music) from June 5th to June 9th, 2017 in New York City.
Indie Week is a member-only conference for record labels and service providers with a strong focus on the exploitation of master recordings, licensing, networking and digital.
In 2016, over 820 independent music label-related executives from 18 countries and 24 states attended Indie Week, bringing the global independent community together.
AIR & SOUNDS AUSTRALIA have led Australian delegations to Indie Week since 2013 and we have again been extended an invitation to lead Australian delegations to Indie Week in 2017.
SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be covering registration costs.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST DUE DATE – 5PM MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, 2017
Due to limited capacity, we ask all interested parties to show an expression of interest by filling out this survey BY 5PM MONDAY 13th FEBRUARY 2017 – it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete.
Click here to complete survey
Event sessions for Indie Week 2017 are still to be confirmed but to give you an idea, Indie Week 2016 featured:
- 700+ music executives, including a huge representation of U.S. labels
- Delegations of labels from over 18 countries, including Australia, UK, China, France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Canada, Korea, Japan, New Zealand, Ireland and Norway.
- The 2016 American Independent Music Awards – “The Libera Awards”.
- Extensive executive one-on-one networking on sync licensing, marketing and digital revenue, music supervision for TV, film and advertising.
- Panels on Sync, playlisting, Licensing & Publishing, CRB, Streaming, Advertising, Metadata.
- Workshops from SoundExchange, 7digital, Kickstarter, Social Media and Web Presence, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, Vevo, Pandora, US Visas for performing artists and Brand Partnerships
- Keynote speech from Jim McDermottt: ”Our Beliefs about Digital Music: All of it is true and none of it is true”.
- Attendance from WIN (Worldwide Independent Network), MERLIN and IMPALA.
- Indie Week 2017 will be held in New York City from Mon 5th to Fri 9th June 2017
- SOUNDS AUSTRALIA’s sponsorship will cover conference registration and a ticket to The Libera Awards for a small group of delegates as well as participation in panel discussions and one-on-one networking.
- Australian attendees are responsible for booking and funding all flights, transfers and accommodation themselves.
- Due to limited capacity and the small number of invitations, all attending Australian labels must have a catalogue of at least five albums and represent the music of at least three artists. It is expected that they are digitally pro-active and are doing business internationally.
- For more information please contact Maria Amato at AIR – email@example.com