WHAT IS SOUNDS AUSTRALIA?
SOUNDS AUSTRALIA is Australia’s music market development initiative, established to provide a cohesive and strategic platform to assist the Australian music industry access domestic and international business opportunities.
SOUNDS AUSTRALIA supports the career life cycle of Australian artists, from the local venue-based live music industry to international events, networking and business development.
SOUNDS AUSTRALIA is a joint initiative of the Australia Council and APRA|AMCOS, supported by the Federal Government together with state government agencies and peak industry associations.
For more information, head to our Resources page for links to SOUNDS AUSTRALIA‘s supporting partners.
The SOUNDS AUSTRALIA smartphone app for iPhone and Android is available now! Featuring artist and industry profiles, showcase details, video, audio and maps, it’s your one-stop-shop for finding the Australians as they take on the world.
Latest news from SOUNDS AUSTRALIA
APPLICATION FOR EASTLINK EAST COAST MUSIC WEEK
8 APRIL 2015 – 12 APRIL 2015
The 27th annual celebration of Eastlink East Coast Music Week (ECMW) will take place in
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador (Canada) from April 8-12.
ECMW is one of Canada’s premier music industry trade events and brings together some of the industry’s biggest and best minds to lead four days of seminars, workshops, mentorship programs, showcases, and business meetings.
Celebrating its 14th edition, the ECMW International Export Buyers Program will welcome more than 50 international and Canadian music talent buyers, booking agents, promoters, festivals, event programmers, presenters, publishers, publicists, music placement supervisors and media from around the world. Attended by more than 2000 conference delegates, this program is strategically designed to provide new business opportunities for exporting artists and companies.
SOUNDS AUSTRALIAis thrilled to partner with ECMA to feature the fifth edition of the
‘AUSCAN Music Spotlight’ collaborative initiative and will welcome two Australia artists/
groups. This strategic partnership offers collaborative and reciprocal business opportunities and provides access to new markets for Atlantic Canadian and Australian exporting artists.
We are seeking applications from artists to be selected to perform at this prestigious event.
The application form below should be completed and emailed along with any supporting
materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th November, 2014.
1. Artists’ work should be rooted in the Folk, World, Acoustic, Roots, Indie pop or Rock
2. Artists will have a demonstrable track record of performance in Australia and or
internationally including for example live reviews, festival and venue performances.
3. Artists must be able to demonstrate the ability to maximise the promotional opportunities
eg. strong web and social net working presence, credible mailing lists, promotional
product for the event, EPK/Live footage available.
4. Artists must be able to articulate their rationale for applying and relevance to their career.
5. Artists must have a dedicated representative working for them in attendance or provide
details of an exemplary history of self management.
6. Artists must be willing to undertake press interviews etc. as required.
7. Evidence of existing international interest or support is desirable.
Artists must be available to perform in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador (Canada)
between 8/4/2015 – 12/4/2015
8. Visa’s are not required for an ECMA performance, but are required for any additional
performances arranged by selected artists. Visa costs are not covered.
9. Artists must be able to fund themselves entirely, although SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will provide details on available funding opportunities
10. Artists must agree to provide evaluation as required to SOUNDS AUSTRALIA.
Applicants are asked to complete the ECMW application form HERE and return to email@example.com by Friday 28th November, 2014.
Applicants are asked to complete the application form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th November, 2014 together with a soundcloud link to 3 tracks that the artist considers best represents their work, an EPK and technical specification/channel list.
If you have any queries prior to emailing your application you can contact
Glenn Dickie : email@example.com
Millie Millgate : firstname.lastname@example.org